This morning the Department of Health was notified of two ‘likely positive cases’ of COVID-19 in Melbourne’s north, linked to the Wollert case earlier this month.
This afternoon those cases were confirmed along with two more cases.
Victoria’s Chief Health Officer Brett Sutton said Victorians must ‘ready ourselves for any other positives’.
The first two cases were connected; one tested positive on May 23 due to symptoms experiencing from May 20 onwards, and the second was a relative who was asymptomatic but joined case one at the testing site,
A further two positive tests among those family members have been identified.
Case three is an adult woman and case four is a child of preschool age.
If you have been to the following exposure sites, you are required to get tested and isolate:
- Jump! Swim School, 4/37 The Concord, Bundoora VIC 3083, on May 21 between the hours of 8:55am and 10:15am.
- Highpoint Shopping Centre, 120-200 Rosamond Road, Maribyrnong VIC 3032, on May 20 between 5:00pm and 8:00pm.
At a press conference earlier today Mr Sutton said he was concerned about behavioral changes due to cold weather.
“Obviously we are going into a period where people spend more time indoors and are in closer proximity,” he said.
“We just need to remind ourselves that the risk is going to be there and ongoing and the transmission potential will be greater now than it was when we spent more time outdoors when we had, you know, more embedded behaviours where we distanced better, where we wore a mask more often.”
Everyone in Victoria is being urged to get tested if they feel unwell.
More updates and exposure sites will be confirmed this evening.