Saturday, April 20, 2024
7.4 C
Kilmore
- Advertisement -

New builder for Gisborne’s Macedon Ranges Regional Sports Precinct

Popular Stories

MACEDON Ranges Shire Council has welcomed the appointment of a new builder to complete the first stage of Gisborne’s Macedon Ranges Regional Sports Precinct.

Monaco Hickey has been appointed ahead of the start of work this month, as council has worked collaboratively with administrators and potential contractors following the announcement of Lloyd Group going into voluntary administration in March.

Council chief executive Bernie O’Sullivan said securing the project’s future given the difficult circumstances was welcome and minimised the impact on the project’s momentum.

- Advertisement -

“It is very pleasing to announce this appointment, and we have ensured that we’ve completed the necessary due diligence,” he said.

“As part of the agreement, the contractor has agreed to re-engage existing subcontractors and site staff wherever possible.

“This was an important consideration for council, knowing there were a number of local companies and workers on the books previously.”

Work on stage one of the precinct began last year, with significant progress made including site setup, drainage, utility connections, building foundations, earthworks on the new oval and structural works on the sports hub.

The $26 million first stage consists of a three-court sports hub, a natural turf oval and sports pavilion, passive recreation facilities, landscaping and associated infrastructure.

“We’ll continue to work productively with all key stakeholders – including Monaco Hickey, the Victorian Government, Melbourne Water, AFL Victoria, the Primary User Reference Group and the community more broadly – to progress what will be such an important recreational addition for the shire,” Mr O’Sullivan said.

Stage one is targeted for completion by mid-2024. For more information and updates, visit mrsc.vic.gov.au/MRRSP.

Related Articles

- Advertisement -

Latest Articles