Mick Marrett sends the Blues forward at JJ Clancy Reserve on Saturday. ​

KILMORE defeated Lalor in a 185-point thumping at home on Saturday, giving the Blues their third win of the Northern Football Netball League division three season.

In the previous encounter between the two sides at Kilmore, the Blues won by 227 points.

Kilmore made sure to continue the tradition with another triple-digit victory, 29.22 (196) to 1.5 (11).

The Blues came onto the ground ready to win and dominated the first quarter, keeping Lalor to only two points while kicking 7.5 (47) themselves.

Kilmore didn’t let up into the second quarter, comfortably making its way into triple digits by half time, booting 15 goals, while Lalor remained on two points.

Kilmore’s Riley McLaughlin in action against Lalor. ​

The Blues didn’t lose their pace coming out of the main break, kicking another six goals in the third term, followed by eight in the last quarter.

Lalor managed its only goal for the match in the last quarter.

Lachlan Chesher had a standout debut game for Kilmore, instantly slotting into the side. He kicked three goals and was named in the Blues’ best.

Ethan Derrick and Chris Barton kicked four goals each while the ever-reliable Leigh Irons also put in a stellar performance.

Kilmore, now in fifth spot on the ladder, face Fitzroy Stars on Saturday in an away game, hoping to keep its momentum going to beat the seventh placed side.

A 185-point win to Kilmore on Saturday over Lalor sees the Blues jump up to fifth position on the ladder. ​


Whittlesea’s winless season continues after a loss to Banyule on Saturday, with the Eagles going down 6.11 (47) to 18.12 (120).

It was another tough game for Whittlesea, with Banyule dominating the scoreboard in the first quarter.

Banyule established a comfortable 23-point margin in the first quarter leaving Whittlesea to play catch up football for the rest of the game.

The second quarter saw no relief for the Eagles, who managed to kick another two goals, but they couldn’t slow the run of Banyule who drew the margin out further to 59 points at half time.

After half time, it only got worse for Whittlesea, kicking just two points in the third, as Banyule kicked six goals. The final quarter saw a bit of relief for Whittlesea as Banyule’s scoring was capped to three goals while the Eagles scored three of their own.

Whittlesea will face third-placed North Heidelberg at home this Saturday.