Wallan basketballers cleared of COVID-19

WALLAN’S Country Basketball League men’s game against Seymour will be rescheduled after two players were required to self-isolate and receive COVID-19 tests.

Both players completed the tests after being present at a Bunnings Warehouse store that was attended by a person with a confirmed case of COVID-19.

Both players have returned negative tests.

Wallan Basketball president Gary O’Brien said there had been minimal disruption to the association outside of the need to reschedule the men’s CBL game.

“Two guys attended a Springvale Bunnings, had to isolate and have tested negative,” he said.

“The stadium didn’t have to close, domestic games were played Friday night, everything was completely normal.

“This is simply us following what the government said, that if anyone was at those sites that they should self-isolate and get tested.

“Basketball Victoria also asked us to shut down two of our training sessions over 24 hours as a precaution, which is what we did.”

O’Brien said he believed the game against Seymour would be rescheduled for the weekend of February 20, when all teams are slated to have a pre-finals bye.

The Panthers’ men’s side take on Myrtleford at Robson Stadium, Wallan, on Saturday night. Tip-off is at 8pm.

Leave a Reply