Award winning newspaper based in Kilmore is seeking full time journalist.
This role involves writing general news and creating compelling headlines that are both engaging and relevant to our local community.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Write engaging content to cover sport and EGN, presenting all stories in a factual and unbiased manner, while ensuring all deadlines are met
- Taking appropriate and interesting photographs as well as writing promotional advertorials for advertising customer
- Engage with and generate reliable sources in the community
- Use your investigative skills to uncover breaking news stories
- Writing & uploading “Breaking News” to website
- Follow the established newspaper style
- Degree or cadetship equivalent in journalism
- 1 year experience in writing newspaper articles, press releases & proofreading
- Proficient with Indesign, and Microsoft programs, in particular Word & Outlook
- Experience in writing content and managing profiles on social media platforms
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, written and listening
- Good working knowledge of the English language and its correct use with context and grammar
- High level of accuracy and demonstrated attention to detail
- Self-motivated with a drive to improve self, team and business as a whole
- Current, valid driver’s licence
Key Selection Criteria:
- Investigative skills and use of discretion to deliver outcomes
- Ability to communicate clearly, effectively and cultivate productive working relationships with a diverse range of customers and stakeholders
- Experience in managing competing priorities and organising work in order to complete tasks at an appropriate standard while meeting strict deadlines
How to apply or further information:
To be considered for this position, send your resume and a cover letter (2 page max) addressing the Key Selection Criteria to: email@example.com.
Only applicants who are an Australian resident or hold a relevant visa are
eligible to apply (NO VISA sponsorship).