Community

Sophie heads to the national awards

WALLAN Secondary College student Sophie Babycz was crowned the winner in the School Based Apprentice category of the Victorian Training Awards Gala Ceremony in Melbourne. Sophie is now getting ready to represent Victoria at the...

Wandong’s national champ

WANDONG Primary School student Kirra Wright has brought home two gold medals from the 2018 School Sports Australia National Championship on the Sunshine Coast. Kirra won both the 2000m race and 1000m time trial in...

Pallets into beautiful things

THE Whittlesea Community House is running a free workshop addressing the humble pallet. The possibilities for the humble pallet are endless as the workshop will prove as participants work on some simple projects to really...

Light up Lancefield

LANCEFIELD is one of two Macedon Ranges football clubs appealing to the community to back their projects in the state government’s Pick My Project initiative. Lancefield Football Netball Club is looking for funding to go...

Mernda hits the rails

THE Mernda Rail extension, complete with three new stations, opened for passengers last Sunday — six months ahead of schedule. The $600 million rail extension with three new stations at Mernda, Hawkstowe and Middle Gorge...

Sun sets on dodgy clauses

VICTORIANS will be protected from the sunset clause if they choose to buy off-the-plan following a historic announcement last week. The state government will make changes to the infamous sunset clause in the Sale of...

Pokies push goes up a gear

THE Pokies Play You Campaign has gone up another notch with signs showing up around the City of Whittlesea. The council's push to make everyone aware of the struggles of pokie addiction includes the signs...

Bus demand mounts

PRESSURE is mounting on the Minister for Transport, Jacinta Allen, to take a serious look at introducing a bus service into Hidden Valley with Mitchell Shire Council being the latest voice urging the minister...

Pick of the best

THE community has been given the opportunity to vote on some innovative projects in Mitchell Shire as part of the Victorian Government’s Pick My Project initiative. Pick My Project is a novel $30 million online...

Local projects up for voting

by Jackson Russell LOCALS in Romsey and Lancefield can now have their say on which local projects they want to see get up as voting opens on Pick My Project funding. A dozen projects from Lancefield...