CFA crews respond to the fire near McDonald’s Doreen.

COUNTRY Fire Authority and Fire Rescue Victoria crews from across Melbourne’s northern and eastern suburbs aided Doreen CFA members at a fire at a Doreen property last month.

The bed where an overheated charging device is believed to have started a house fire in Doreen last month.

The two-storey townhouse near McDonald’s Doreen caught fire after 5pm on December 27.

A pumper tanker from Doreen CFA was first to respond to the fire, with significant smoke issuing from the roof of the property.

A tanker, ultralight tanker and field command vehicle also attended the blaze, while the brigade received backup from CFA units in Yarrambat, Eltham and Bayswater, as well as Fire Rescue Victoria and Ambulance Victoria.

A CFA spokesperson said the fire was quickly brought under control.

An investigation into the incident is ongoing, but firefighters believe the blaze was caused by an overheated charging device left on a bed.

An occupant of the property was home when the fire started and quickly called triple zero. No injuries were reported.