TAFE courses in business, health and community services, hair and beauty and tourism will be study options available in Wallan for the first time this year.
The Wallan GOTAFE campus announced its course list last week, with prospective students able to study varying levels of certificates, as well as short courses.
The TAFE will host public information sessions today, Tuesday, from 1pm to 4pm, and 5pm to 8pm at Wallan Neighbourhood House.
The team at GOTAFE undertook extensive community consultation throughout the shire and will now host 10 qualification courses and six short courses.
The campus is set to open in Wallan’s new Bendigo Bank building in February, allowing students in the region to access a range of educational opportunities to set them up for a pathway into a career.
GOTAFE chief executive Travis Heeney said the team was excited to offer a range of courses.
“The courses offered through GOTAFE will lead to real jobs in the region and help to meet industry demand for Wallan and surrounding areas as the population grows throughout the region,” he said.
“We are excited to be offering a great range of courses with highly qualified trainers and flexible learning options available for students.”
Mr Heeney said the focus of the courses would be integral to the growth of the region’s economy.
The Wallan campus will provide the following courses:
Business and IT courses:
- Certificate IV in Human Resources
- Diploma of Project Management
Teaching and Training:
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Certificate III in Early Childhood Education
- Care and Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
- Certificate IV in Community Services
- Certificate IV in Disability
Sport and Recreation:
- Certificate III in Aquatics and Community Recreation
Hair and Beauty:
- Certificate II in Salon Assistant
- Certificate II in Animal Studies
- Certificate III in Tourism.
Short-courses available include
- Introduction to Computers
- Level 1; Introduction to Project Management
- Prepare to Work Safely in the Construction Industry, White Card;
- Responsible Service of Alcohol
- Food Safety Supervisor Short Course
- Food Hygiene Short Course
For more information on the courses or to register for a session. visit www.gotafe.vic.edu.au/campuses/wallan-high-street or call 1300 468 233.